Trust the Emergency Dentist in Harrisdale During Dental Emergencies
Why Ignoring Emergency Dental Problems Can Be a Big Mistake
Ignoring emergency dental problems can have serious consequences. From a wide range of issues such as severe tooth pain, broken teeth, bleeding gums, or tooth abscesses, dental emergencies require prompt attention to avoid further damage or infection.
If not managed, a dental emergency can worsen quickly, causing unbearable pain, difficulty eating or speaking, and even spreading the infection to other body parts. Delaying or ignoring dental care can also result in more complicated and expensive treatments and permanent damage to the teeth and gums. Don’t take dental emergencies lightly. Seek professional help as soon as possible for a positive outcome.
Rapid Response Dental Care: Emergency Dentists You Can Count On
Experiencing tooth damage from an accident, having a knocked-out or dislodged tooth, or experiencing tooth discomfort needs immediate measures. You should not delay addressing these concerns. An emergency dentist in Harrisdale can help you in urgent situations.
We understand that dental emergencies can happen at any time, so we offer our patients rapid-response dental care services. If you require an emergency dentist appointment in Harrisdale, the dentists at our dental clinic are available to provide immediate relief and treatment. Our convenient location makes it easy for you to book an emergency dental appointment and receive the high-quality dental care you need, when you need it.
Dental Disasters: What You Need to Know About Common Emergencies
Bleeding gums may indicate gum infections or other oral health issues that require professional evaluation and treatment by a dentist. Don't ignore bleeding gums, as it could lead to severe complications.Read More
Smile Brighter Today. Book an Appointment Now!
Don't let dental problems hold you back. Book an appointment with Harrisdale Dental Centre today and receive care from our skilled and compassionate team. We are committed to helping you achieve a brighter, healthier smile.
Who Should Consider an Emergency Dentist for Toothaches and More
If you’re experiencing dental trauma, bacterial infection, tooth pain, or discomfort, don’t wait to seek urgent dental care at Harrisdale Dental Centre. Our experienced emergency dentists can address a wide range of dental emergencies.
Anyone with a dental emergency
Individuals with severe toothache or pain
People with a broken, chipped, or fractured tooth
Those with a knocked-out or dislodged tooth
Patients with a loose, missing, or damaged filling, crown, or bridge
Individuals with a dental abscess, infection, or swelling
Anyone experiencing bleeding or soreness in the mouth
People with a damaged or broken denture or retainer
Individuals with a broken or painful orthodontic appliance
Patients with impacted wisdom teeth, wisdom tooth pain, or related issues
People with a medical condition that affects their oral health
The Dentists at
Harrisdale Dental Centre
Dr. Vidya Melmatti is our experienced and passionate dentist, offering a broad range of services, creating beautiful and functional smiles.
Dr. Babita Saini is a skilled and compassionate dentist with a special interest in preventive, restorative, and aesthetic dentistry.
Dr. Somya Gupta is a caring and knowledgeable dentist dedicated to professional development and meeting patients' dental health needs.
FAQs About Dental Emergency in Harrisdale
Recognising the signs of a dental emergency is essential for dental emergency procedures. Here are some common symptoms and situations that may necessitate immediate professional care:
- Experiencing severe tooth pain or throbbing that cannot be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers and interferes with daily activities is a sign of a potential dental emergency.
- If you have a knocked-out tooth due to an accident, trauma, or sports injury, prompt attention is required to increase the chances of saving the tooth.
- The presence of a dental abscess, which can be identified by a pimple-like swelling on the gum and is accompanied by severe pain, fever, or swelling, may indicate a serious infection involving the tooth nerves that requires immediate treatment.
- Bleeding gums that persist despite applying pressure with a clean cloth or gauze could be a result of injury, trauma, or advanced gum disease and need urgent care.
- A loose or dislodged permanent tooth is a dental emergency that should be addressed promptly.
- A broken or fractured tooth, particularly when it causes pain or has sharp edges that may lead to further oral tissue damage, is a situation that needs immediate attention.
- Swelling in the jaw or face may indicate a possible infection or injury that warrants urgent care.
- If you experience difficulty breathing or swallowing due to oral or facial swelling, this could be a life-threatening situation.
If you encounter any of these symptoms or dental emergency situations, it is crucial to seek immediate professional care from an emergency dentist in Harrisdale. Doing so will help prevent further damage and alleviate pain.
Whether your health fund covers emergency dental services will depend on your policy’s specific terms and conditions. Some health funds offer dental cover, including emergency treatment, but others may have limitations or exclusions. It’s essential to check with your health fund to determine the extent of your cover for dental emergencies. If you have a private health fund that covers dental emergencies, our dental team can help you understand your policy and submit your claim.
However, if you don’t have a health fund or your policy doesn’t cover emergency dental treatment, you may still be able to receive care, and our dental team at Harrisdale Dental Centre can work with you to choose a payment plan that suits your budget.
Emergency dentists are trained to perform various dental procedures, including tooth extractions, wisdom tooth removals, and root canals. These treatments may be necessary to address dental emergencies such as severe tooth decay, infections, or trauma. An emergency dentist in Harrisdale can evaluate your condition, diagnose the problem, and recommend the most appropriate treatment to relieve pain, save the affected tooth, or prevent further damage.
Don’t hesitate to seek an emergency dentist appointment in Harrisdale if you need extractions or root canals, as prompt treatment can increase the chances of favourable outcomes.
If you have a knocked-out tooth, it’s essential to act quickly to increase the chances of saving it. Here’s what you should do:
- Retrieve the tooth:
Handle the tooth by the crown (the visible part), avoiding touching the root (the part usually under the gum).
- Rinse the tooth:
Rinse the tooth gently with clean water or a saline solution to remove any dirt or food debris, but don’t scrub or use soap or any other chemicals.
- Place the tooth back in the socket:
Try to reinsert it into its socket by gently pushing it in and holding it in place with clean gauze or a wet tea bag. If you can’t reinsert the tooth, skip to step 4.
- Store the tooth:
Place the tooth in a container of milk, saliva, or saline solution, or wrap it in moist gauze or plastic wrap to keep it moist. Don’t let the tooth dry out or touch the roots.
- See an emergency dentist:
Visit an emergency dentist as soon as possible, preferably within 30 minutes of the injury, to increase the chances of saving the tooth. The dentist may be able to reinsert the tooth and stabilise it with a splint or recommend other treatment options, such as a dental implant or bridge.
Remember that time is of the essence when dealing with a knocked-out tooth, so act quickly and seek urgent dental care in Harrisdale.
By taking these steps, you can reduce your risk of dental emergencies and maintain good oral health:
- Maintain good oral hygiene: Brush your teeth twice daily, floss daily, and use mouthwash to reduce the risk of tooth decay, gum disease, and other dental problems that can lead to emergencies.
- Wear a mouthguard during high-risk activities.
- Avoid hard or sticky foods
- Visit your dentist regularly: Regular dental checkups and cleanings can help detect and prevent dental problems before they require emergency treatment.
- Don’t ignore signs of dental issues such as tooth pain, sensitivity, swelling, or infection, such as fever or pus, as they could indicate a severe problem requiring prompt treatment.
A chipped or broken tooth can be an emergency, depending on the severity of the damage. If the tooth is causing significant pain, bleeding, or extreme swelling, or if the break is extensive and affects the nerve or root, it may require urgent dental care in Harrisdale. Undergoing care will help evaluate the damage and recommend the appropriate treatment, including a dental crown, filling, or bonding.
It’s important to seek professional services immediately for a chipped or broken tooth to prevent further damage and preserve its function and appearance.