Reclaim Your Smile With Confidence With Dental Fillings in Harrisdale
The Consequences of Ignoring Damaged or Decayed Teeth
Ignoring tooth decay and broken teeth may seem like a cost-saving measure at first, but the truth is that it can result in further damage, which requires more extensive dental treatment.
Chipped or cracked teeth may not be painful at first, but eventually, they can allow infection to enter and damage the soft tissues inside, causing discomfort. If not addressed, the infection can spread to nearby teeth and gums, leading to more serious complications such as tooth loss and costly dental treatments.
Restore Your Oral Health and Beautiful Smiles With Dental Fillings
It’s important to seek dental care services in cases of cavities or worn down teeth to alleviate severe tooth pain and prevent severe consequences for oral health. Our dental clinic offers comprehensive treatment options, like fillings for teeth in Harrisdale, which can help restore the damage and maintain optimal dental health.
At Harrisdale Dental Centre, we use state-of-the-art technology and strong materials for dental fillings in Harrisdale. Our extensive experience allows us to perform the treatment with minimal discomfort and makes us a reliable dentist you can trust for your dental care needs. Receiving early treatment can save you time and money in the long run. So don’t risk losing your teeth or facing expensive treatments. Schedule a dental appointment with us today to receive an exceptional tooth filling in Harrisdale.
Smile Brighter Today. Book an Appointment Now!
Don't let dental problems hold you back. Book an appointment with Harrisdale Dental Centre today and receive care from our skilled and compassionate team. We are committed to helping you achieve a brighter, healthier smile.
Smile Confidently Again: Discover If Dental Fillings Are Right for You
The professional dentists at Harrisdale Dental Centre can evaluate your damaged teeth and overall oral health to determine if tooth filling in Harrisdale is right for you.
The Dentists at
Harrisdale Dental Centre
Dr. Vidya Melmatti is our experienced and passionate dentist, offering a broad range of services, creating beautiful and functional smiles.
Dr. Babita Saini is a skilled and compassionate dentist with a special interest in preventive, restorative, and aesthetic dentistry.
Dr. Somya Gupta is a caring and knowledgeable dentist dedicated to professional development and meeting patients' dental health needs.
Your Top Dental Filling Questions Answered!
Learn more about our dental fillings in Harrisdale and their advantages, procedures, aftercare, and potential complications here in our comprehensive FAQs section.
Let’s discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each type of dental filling:
Amalgam dental fillings
This is an old and widely used type of tooth filling that is made up of a mixture of metals and liquid mercury.
- They are low-cost, which can be suitable for individuals looking for cheaper dental fillings.
- It is durable and can last for ten years or more with proper care.
- It can fill large cavities in the teeth.
- Amalgam fillings are capable of hardening quickly, making the treatment process relatively easier.
- They can withstand strong chewing forces that make them suitable for molar teeth.
- They are not a conservation alternative since the placement requires shaping the healthy tooth structure.
- It is not aesthetically pleasing when you smile, considering the metal colour.
- Some patients may have allergic reactions to metal.
Composite dental fillings
It is a tooth-coloured filling made of acrylic resin and powdered glass. This minimally invasive procedure involves using a certain UV light to harden and bond them to the affected tooth.
- They look natural and pleasing on the teeth because they resemble the natural tooth colour.
- Patients may only need a single dental appointment to place composite dental fillings.
- Composite fillings are also durable and able to support chewing forces.
- It offers a conservative alternative as it doesn’t require tooth preparation.
- They can be expensive.
- While they are durable, they may last only for about 5 to 7 years.
- The placement may take longer, which may not be suitable for patients with dental fear, special needs, or kids.
Glass ionomer fillings
Glass ionomer fillings are a mixture of acrylic and certain types of fine glass.
- They are easy to apply or bond to the damaged tooth.
- They resemble the colour of the natural tooth structure.
- The materials may contain fluoride, which helps strengthen the tooth.
- It preserves healthy, natural tooth structure.
- They can bond to the tooth enamel without the need for bonding agents.
- Glass ionomer fillings may not be strong enough to support biting forces.
- Getting them may involve a high cost.
- They have a low resistance to wear and tear, making them less likely to last for many years.
The procedure for getting dental fillings is relatively straightforward. Here are the general steps:
- Administration of anaesthesia:
The dentist will apply local anaesthesia to numb the tooth and prevent you from feeling discomfort throughout the procedure.
- Drilling the tooth:
A certain dental tool will be used to take out the decayed tooth structure and shape it to make room for the filling materials.
- Preparing the tooth:
The dental professional will etch the tooth or apply an acidic substance to the tooth enamel in preparation for the dental fillings.
- Application of dental fillings:
The application process of fillings for teeth in Harrisdale may vary depending on the type of tooth filling you choose. But generally speaking, suppose you choose a composite resin filling; the dentist will apply a layer and fill the tooth. They may use a certain light to harden the fillings.
- Polishing the tooth:
The dentist will polish the dental filling to bring back the natural shape of the tooth and adjust it to your normal bite.
Your actual dental filling process may differ slightly from what is provided here. You can ask the dentist at Harrisdale Dental Centre, and one of the dentists here can discuss the treatment process with you.
Practising good dental hygiene is essential for maintaining your dental fillings and overall oral health. Here are other ways to take care of your filling-restored teeth:
- Be cautious when chewing: While certain types of dental fillings can support biting force, prevention is better. So we still recommend being careful when eating. You may chew less on the side where you receive fillings for teeth in Harrisdale.
- Watch out for your food: Try to skip hard, extremely chewy, and sticky snacks, as these types of food can weaken the tooth fillings.
- Use non-abrasive toothpaste: Brush your teeth using non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid damaging your dental fillings. You can use those kinds of toothpaste that contain remineralising ingredients.
Dental fillings are generally a safe procedure for restoring cracked teeth or cavities. However, as mentioned earlier, this dental treatment may cause teeth sensitivity but will improve after a few days. Certain filling materials may cause allergic reactions, so it is highly recommended that you inform your dentist of any health conditions or allergies that may affect the success of dental fillings. Additionally, studies show a lack of evidence that amalgam dental fillings pose health risks to people.
It’s essential to remember that tooth fillings should be done by qualified dental health professionals to minimise complications. If you experience unusual symptoms after this dental procedure, such as severe pain or swelling, we advise you to consult an experienced dentist immediately.